School Sport Funding
As a school we provide 2 hours of quality PE each week and have a clear policy on Physical Education. We teach Dance, Gymnastics, Games and Athletics and swimming as part of our curriuclum, using the National Curriculum and Val Sabin Scheme of work for guidance and coverage.
We intend to use our sport funding to further enhance this provision in the following ways:
* providing extended training for our staff, giving them opportunity to work alongside specialist coaches/pofessionals.
* extending our services to offer an extra curricular PE/sporting afterschool club
* to establish links with Newent High School to provide competitive sporting opportunities with other schools in our cluster
* to pay for swimming for all children across the school, to ensure that they have this opportunity
* to audit/replenish/replace our resources and schemes of work
If you would like to see our PE policy please ask Mrs Thompson in the office-this is currently under review and will be uploaded onto the website as soon as possible. To find out more about the PE funding, please visit: