A governor’s role in our school is to:
- To develop in consultation with all stakeholders a clear strategic vision for the school.
- To act as a 'critical friend' to the school; providing support and ensuring accountability.
- To allocate and manage funds effectively to provide the best possible education for all
The governing body has high expectations in terms of Standards and Achievement; and Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development.
- Our school Governors hold regular meetings, along with separate sub-commitee meetings focused on Standards and Achievement, Finance, Human Resources and other matters as they arise.
- Governors interview all candidates alongside the Head to fill vacant teaching posts.
- Our Governors visit the school regularly, gaining an insight into the school working day, scrutinising standards, evaluating our Christian effectiveness and spending time with subject coordinators. They also attend many of our school events and Christian church services.